Communication theory that works
The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure our communication preferences. It is used world-wide across small and large businesses, services, manufacturing, and the private and public sectors.
Collaborative Innovations is MBTI qualified and experienced, and can deliver communication workshops based on either the original paper questionnaire, or The Personality Profile, and online questionnaire.
The benefits of an MBTI-based workshop are usually seen in:
- Increased self-understanding and behaviour choices, leading to increased personal confidence
- Appreciation of others to make constructive use of individual differences
- Communicating more effectively with others
- Valuing different ways of approaching problems
- Improved ability to understand, reduce and resolve conflict
- Building more effective teams including improved productivity as team members work to their strengths
- Detailed information on which to base career-planning decisions
The MBTI provides a positive description of each individual’s natural preferences. Four sets of preferences are explored, and individuals work to discover their personal preferences in answer to the following questions:
- What energises you? Do you prefer contact with other people or the inner world of your own thoughts and reflections?
- How you gather information? Do you focus on observing details and facts or seeing the big picture and reading between the lines?
- How you make decisions about the information you gather? Do you prefer logic and impartiality or feel the impact of a decision from the other person’s view
- What is your preferred work style? Do you like to have decisions made and stick to agreed plans or prefer to leave things open and flexible to enable you to deal with last minute information?
The combination of these personal preferences produce one of sixteen different ‘types’, each with a unique set of behavioural characteristics and values. Sixteen ways of saying, “I’m okay, and you’re okay”.
An MBTI workshop provides a safe, teambuilding environment in which participants discover their own preferences, the preferences of others, and how to bridge the gaps.
The MBTI learning can also be delivered via individual coaching sessions.
Contact us to discuss your MBTI or other communication needs.